Wednesday 9 May 2018

Ye Ye Katrina


1971 by Henry D'Souza and Helen D'Cruz

Lyrics are available here
For English Translation, please see below.



I have only provided a link to an existing YouTube file. Copyright rests with the holders. Link will be deleted if contested by holders. 


English Translation

Male: Come, come, Katrina
Female: No, no, I will not come
M: Come, come, Katrina
F: No, no, I will not come
M: I will take you from Byculla to Mahim
I will take you from Mahim to Bandra
And in that Bandra forest I shall teach you "loving"

F: Every day you follow me without shame
You don't miss a chance to say Katrin-Katrin
M: Why have shame when I hold you with love to
and show you the whole world

M: Come, come, Katrina
F: Go, go, I won't come
M: Why Miss Katrina
F: You might buy me batata vade
you might pack me bhelpuri
I will come with you to Byculla and America

F: Many boys make cheering sounds at me,
Those that do would love me too
M: Hearing your words, miss, I understand,
That you have put me in a dilemma

F: I am 12 going on 13, I am getting old,
I am tired of being single, marry me, my love
M: Give me twenty thousand and a house,
or I will dismiss you, I don't want you!

(I have not repeated translations of stanzas that get repeated)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the English translation... Was looking all over but couldn't find anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sir, I was looking for the English translation for this classic hit song.

    ReplyDelete

Inspector Murthy Unmasks An Offender

     After Inspector Murthy's retirement, he had increased his daily quota of walking. In addition to his daily morning walks in the for...